So thought I’d take the plunge and finally start a blog about all things floristry! I’ve been wanting to start one for ages, mainly so I can share things with you all but also so that I can remember everything that goes on in my business world!

I’ll start by telling you a little bit about myself and how The Flower Fairies came about. I knew when I was fairly young that University wasn’t something that interested me and that I wanted to get out and work straight away. After leaving school at 17 and only completing one year of A-Levels, I headed out into the big bad world and starting doing some work experience at a PR company in Guildford. 2 weeks turned into 5 and they offered me an apprenticeship role. I loved it! We worked with some fantastic brands and great products which led to amazing trips abroad. One that sticks in my mind more than most, was a Diageo press event in Dubai. I won’t bore you with the details, but oh my, it was amazing!

After just over two years, the internal teams starting moving around and I felt it was time to move on. I headed closer to home in Wokingham and was a member of the marketing team at Romans Estate Agents. I was based at their Head Office for just under 5 months before being moved into a sales branch to take up a role of Sales Negotiator. Having never done a specific sales role before, the challenge was quite daunting but something that I got my teeth stuck into and got on with. Within the first 12 months I started to appear on the company league tables which led to me winning a sales award.

Unfortunately the hours started to get too long, and being so young I felt that there was more out there than working 63 hours a week including weekends. I spent many evenings (and lunch breaks!) pondering about what I could do and how I could spend the time more wisely! The office I worked in and the group of people I worked with were fantastic but I wanted something more, something bigger. Something for myself.

Now you haven’t read anything about me getting involved in flowers yet have you… and people still think that my job now has evolved from nowhere however, in my head I have always loved flowers and used to love picking flowers for my bedroom from the supermarkets when I was younger. Working with flowers was always a dream job but I never thought I’d ever be able to do it or have the time.

So during one of my ponder sessions I decided to just go for it. If I wasn’t going to do it then, I wasn’t ever going to do it. So, I left Romans and started up The Flower Fairies and attended a course in Covent Garden, London at The Covent Garden Academy of Flowers. I’m going to be honest and say that it’s one of the scariest things but I try not to think about it, and just get on with it.

6 months into it and with the help of friends and family, I have some fantastic clients, and have worked with some lovely customers. I am looking forward to sharing my stories with you all on this blog over the next coming months and hope that you all enjoy what you read!

Comments

06/11/2015 10:04pm

Nice article, thanks for the information. It's very complete information. I will bookmark for next reference

12/05/2016 10:40pm

Thank you for your sharing. You are the best florist and best flower trader and designer.

07/06/2016 11:36pm

Beautiful flower combination you made these are attractive, the number of peoples are having flower business and have good reputation among in the market. I really like your blog post is the interesting and valuable.

13/06/2016 4:05am

A flower specialist is a man planning blossom courses of action and offering them. The flower vendor deals with bloom courses of action, which is a craft of making bundles, arrangement of elaborate grass, herbs, foliages and blossoms bringing about a delightful outline. If you would like to know about flowers, visit us at lovebyroses.com

03/08/2016 3:07am

Very gougers lady along with very beautiful flowers. We should to give respect to all people and try use good words for others. Our good behavior only we can make this world heaven on earth.

24/09/2016 5:10am

I am glad you've created this blog. I like to read your posts. They are so interesting.

26/09/2016 3:03am

An accepted reality in the IT industry about SEO is that it is a constantly changing strategy. It takes a lot of keenness, enthusiasm and good amount of time to stay abreast with the new trends of SEO. As a result many web owners find it more reasonable to hire an SEO expert than to be troubled by the demands of website optimization.

27/09/2016 12:31am

Backlinks play an crucial role in shaping the fame, fortune and luck of your world-wide-web property. It has got evolved as a substantial application utilised for search engine marketing nowadays.

03/10/2016 9:35am

I am so glad you've started a floristry blog. I am very interested in that.

These days understudies require more information to make them prepared for their viable life since this is the period of science. So they require more information to gain more ground in this quick and logical age.

28/01/2017 4:04am

The days of running down to the corner flower shop to buy mom flowers on the way to her house for mother's day are a thing of the past. Today, most families are spread out over many miles and even across many states making that corner shop impractical. Luckily, the option to buy flowers online has become a popular option for those of us that still want mom to get her flowers for mother's day or our best friend to get her flowers for her birthday.

30/01/2017 6:24pm

Send fresh flowers to Chennai by local florist on any special occasion, birthday and anniversary. We provide cakes, gifts, fresh flowers in all the areas in Chennai. Midnight and same day delivery option.

24/06/2017 2:35pm

I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion.